- Struggling with everyday niggling back pain?
- Do you need education on ways to look after back & reduce episodes pain?
- Looking to improve your posture?
- Interested in improving your overall body tone & fitness?
- Wanting to increase your balance, strength and flexibility?
Our very popular Spinal Fitness Classes are a mat based exercise program that incorporate all the strength and stretching exercises you ‘should’ be doing for your back, but often don’t. The class combines floor and fitball exercises, yoga based stretches and utilises the pilates principle of abdominal control and breathing. They provide the perfect chance to thank your spine for all the gardening, lifting, sitting and hard work it’s done over the years.
What are the benefits of a Spinal Fitness Class?
During the ten week Spinal Fitness Class term, our fully qualified therapists aim to teach you awareness of the movement and control of your spine. Through a series of specifically targeted exercises, you should notice improved abdominal muscle control & a reduction in everyday back niggles. We also educate you with regard to how to look after your spine & reduce the risk of developing back pain.
What is the cost of the classes?
Package deals are available for booking the ten week term. Contact your nearest clinic for full details. Discounts are available for Medibank and BUPA customers.
Are rebates available from private health funds?
Yes. Rebates can be claimed through most private health funds under the group physiotherapy code 561. Please note you can only claim on your fund after the classes have occurred and only on the sessions actually attended. For this reason, a receipt will be provided at the completion of the term detailing exact dates attended. At this point the rebate can be claimed directly from your fund.
When do the classes commence?
Our Spinal Fitness Class terms run in line with the NSW school term. There are four ten week blocks of classes available throughout the year.
When do class fees need to be paid?
Term fees must be paid in full before the first class. If you have a private health fund you wish to claim the classes through, this still applies (see below).
Is there a cancellation policy?
Yes. If you are unable to attend a class you are required to give at least eight hours notice, otherwise a make-up class will not be offered. All make-up classes need to be booked in and are subject to availability. All make up classes need to be attended in the same term (there is no carry over to another term).
Who is the class suitable for?
The exercises are gentle, not strenuous. They are aimed at people with little or no back pain, or those in the final stages of recovery from a back injury.
What do I need to bring?
Comfortable, loose fitting clothing and a drink bottle. Shoes are not essential during any class, but socks must be worn.
- Monday: 5:30pm and 6:30pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am, 5:30pm and 6:30pm
- Wednesday: 7:00am, 10.00am and 5:30pm
- Thursday 10:30am
- Friday: 10:00am
- Friday: 10:00am
- Monday 6:30pm (SnowFIT term 2 only)
- Tuesday 6:00pm and 7:00pm (Spinal Fitness Plus+)
- Thursday 9:30am
- Monday 5:30pm
- Monday 5:30pm
- Wednesday 5:30pm and 6:30pm
- Thursday 5:00pm
- Friday 10:00am
- Albury: Level 2, The Gardens, 470 Wodonga Place Albury NSW
- Beechworth: Beechworth Fitness Centre, 4 Mellish Street Beechworth
- Myrtleford: Alpine Allied Health Hub, 190 Myrtle Street, Myrtleford VIC
- Queanbeyan: Queanbeyan GP Super Clinic, 150 Crawford Street, Queanbeyan ACT
- Woden: Woden Specialist Medical Centre, 90 Corinna Street Woden ACT